In contrast to classical conditioning, operant condition describes what happens after a behavior occurs. Classical conditioning elicits reflexive behaviors. Operant conditioning focuses on emitted behaviors.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast classical and operant conditioning
- Explain what an operant is
- Describe positive and negative reinforcement
- Describe positive and negative punishment
- Compare the various schedules of reinforcement
Read these posts (if there are links):
Here are the Terms for Operant Conditioning
Here are the Notes for Operant Conditioning
And now a Quiz about Operant Conditioning
What rewards do you respond to without even thinking about it?