The flip side of learning is forgetting. Like learning, we do it both automatically and with conscious effort. And like learning, there are several theories trying to explain the process of forgetting.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the most common theories of forgetting
- Explain the difference between proactive and retroactive interference
- Explain & describe amnesia types
Read these posts (if there are links):
- Forgetting Is Complicated
- Interference Theory
- Basic Forgetting Theory
- Why Can’t I Forget Bad things
- Memory Disorders
Here are the Terms for Forgetting
Here are the Notes for Forgetting
And now a Quiz about Forgetting
What would you like to forget but can’t?